What is a Life Plan community?
Jefferson's Ferry is a Life Plan Community or a CCRC (Continuing Care Retirement Community), which means we offer independent residential living for adults age 62 or better, providing services and amenities, and long-term care on-site including assisted living, memory care, skilled nursing and rehabilitation.
What is a Life Care contract?
Jefferson's Ferry offers Life Care contracts, which are agreements you sign so you know that you’ll have whatever care you need—no matter how far into the future that is—at a predictable cost. It also promises priority access to our advanced care options. That means, should you need it, you’ll have a spot in assisted living, nursing care, rehabilitation, or memory care.
What can I expect living at Jefferson’s Ferry?
Choosing to live at Jefferson’s Ferry means choosing to live life on your own terms, every day. Eat what you want. Wear what you want. Do what you want. Go where you want.
People simplify their lives and move to Jefferson’s Ferry so they can live the life they love, free from housekeeping, lawn care, home maintenance and other chores. You have the added peace of mind knowing that assistance and healthcare are here for you.
What are the costs at Jefferson’s Ferry?
Living at Jefferson’s Ferry is covered by two fees, a one-time entrance fee and a monthly service fee.
The monthly fee covers all the high-quality services and amenities you get as a resident, including real estate taxes, property insurance, utilities (except phone and cable), wireless internet, one meal daily, bi-weekly housekeeping, weekly linen service, interior and exterior maintenance including groundskeeping, scheduled transportation, security, parking, and round-the-clock emergency response.
The cost of the one-time entrance fee depends on the type of residency contract you choose. We have four types of contracts with unique features and benefits. All entrance fees are fully refundable for the first 90 days of residency. Contact us to learn more about our contracts.
- The Life Care 90% Refundable Residency Agreement is our most popular contract. This plan allows for a refund of 90% of the first person entrance fee paid upon residency** within a year of contract termination. Pay the same monthly fee even if you move to other levels of living. The second person entrance fee is based on a Traditional Entrance Fee Plan.
- The Traditional Residency Agreement allows for a declining refund over a four-year period. The amount available for refund declines by 4% after the first 90 days and further declines 2% for the next 48 months of residency**. After the first 48 months of residency, there is no refund of either the first or second person entrance fees.
- The Life Care 50% Refundable Residency Agreement allows for a refund of 50% of the first person entrance fee paid upon residency**. The second person entrance fee is based on a Traditional Entrance Fee Plan.
- The Modified Continuing Care 90% Refundable Residency Agreement allows for a refund of 90% of both the first and second person entrance fees paid upon residency**. Individuals identified in the contract are entitled to 60 healthcare days in Assisted Living and 60 healthcare days in Skilled Nursing. When these days have been exhausted, the prevailing private rate applies.
** Refunds are paid per the terms of the Residency Agreement.
Why pay an entrance fee for continuing care?
The entrance fee provides residents with lifetime residency at Jefferson's Ferry, use of all the community amenities and priority access to healthcare services including skilled nursing care, if needed.
Can I bring my pet?
Yes, of course. Pets are always welcome at Jefferson’s Ferry.
Is there parking for my car?
Yes. Cottages have their own attached garages and parking for apartment residents is available in lots near the apartments.
Is there extra storage?
Yes. Additional, lockable indoor storage space is available for your seldom-used possessions and/or seasonal items.
Are there recreational/educational programs?
Yes, living at Jefferson’s Ferry gives you access to all kinds of activities—both here and outside the community—to meet all types of interests and activity levels. Inside our community we host lots of happy hours, parties, lectures and art openings featuring local artists. You’ll find opportunities for wellness and learning, plus a variety of fitness programs, including zumba, weights and bands, Tai Chi and balance classes, plus a walking group, an indoor pool and fitness center. You’ll find programs for music, art, computers, and other educational and recreational opportunities. The grounds at Jefferson’s Ferry provide lots of options for outdoor activities, too. Our location is perfect for trips outside the community, like to the Philadelphia Flower Show or to New York City for shows or events. Of course we offer transportation to spiritual/religious services for all faiths, and we have a library, putting green, bank, beauty salon/barber and performing arts center.
Can my grandchildren visit?
Yes. Your guests—of any age—are always welcome at Jefferson's Ferry because it is your home.
Can guests stay overnight?
Yes. Your may entertain overnight guests in your apartment or cottage. There are also guest suites available at a reasonable cost.
Is there a place where my bridge group, book club or other group could meet?
Yes. Your group is welcome to meet at Jefferson's Ferry in any of the available common areas. Our lounges are available for reading, socializing or throwing a private dinner party. Plus, we offer many classes, activities, volunteer opportunities and special interest groups that you may wish to join.
Will the monthly fee always stay the same?
The benefit of Life Care means your monthly fee remains predictable even if you need short- or long-term care in the Health Center, so your monthly fee will not increase if your need for care arises. However, the fee will go up to cover any increases in the cost of operating the community. Jefferson's Ferry is a not-for-profit community, which means any profits stay within the community to help maintain the finest services, care, and amenities.
Can I buy extra meals?
Yes. You can purchase additional meals for a nominal fee in any of our dining venues, or dine out in one of the many fine restaurants in the area.
If only one meal per day is included, where do I get my other meals?
Your cottage or apartment at Jefferson's Ferry has a fully equipped kitchen so that you may prepare your own meals. You may also purchase additional meals for a nominal fee in the restaurant or cafe, or dine out in one of the many area restaurants.
How do I become a resident of Jefferson’s Ferry?
If you are interested in the all-inclusive lifestyle of our CCRC and like one of our available apartments or cottages, meet with one of our experience retirement counselors and complete the application for the home of your choice and submit a non-refundable application fee of $250. Once approved, place a 10% fully refundable reservation deposit on that apartment or cottage. Our staff will then help guide you through the details of your move.
If you want to move into our retirement community but the residence you are looking for isn’t available, you have the opportunity to join the Gold Club, which secures you a spot on the waiting list and gives you access to several benefits. Pay the $250 non-refundable application fee along with a fully refundable $2,000 escrow deposit to become a Gold Club Member and you’ll get:
- Secured position on a waiting list for the residence of your choice.
- Insider news and information about Jefferson’s Ferry.
- Invitations to Gold Club Member social programs, workshops, lectures, trips and parties.
- A one-time session with our personal trainer for an assessment and a fitness program tailored to you.
- Priority access to fitness areas at designated times and outdoor activity areas.
- A monthly individual meal credit at Karen’s Cafe.
- Access to personal consultations with a downsizing professional, mover, realtor, and home stager (charges may apply).
What if my plans change?
We understand that things change. Just notify us in writing to have your fully refundable deposit returned.